Sometimes things happen to us that we don't understand. Just because you don't have an explanation for something does not mean that you cannot survive it. I encourage any person who is suffering from domestic violence to stop trying to figure out what went wrong. Please don't waste time trying to decide what you can do differently so that you won't be attacked by your abuser again. What is happening to you has nothing to do with you. Each person makes a choice to behave as he or she does. Each person is responsible for their own actions. Don't spend your days believing that it is your fault that your partner or spouse is abusing you.
Here's my advice:
- Tell someone that you trust about the abuse
- Seek help from organizations that exist to support battered women/men
- Make plans to leave your abuser
- Stop believing the apologies and the promises that "it won't happen again."
- At your first opportunity -- GET OUT, LEAVE, and promise yourself that you will NEVER GO BACK
You are worth it. No matter how many times you are verbally and/or physically attacked by your abuser, remember that, you are worth it, and that you matter. You matter to GOD. You deserve an abuse free life and I hope that you will get out of any situation that stops you from having it.